Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chelmon Rostratus

Added a new fish for the prodigal cube. Chelmon Rostratus aka Copperband Butterfly Fish


Been a big fan of Copperband. My second attempt. The first one got hold in Bangkok Airport I bought in Hongkong and a I quick transfer in Bangkok Airport on the way back to Dubai. Custom stopped me saying it is not allowed on board. (Didn't see that happening)

Got this specimen in our local LFS: from their Sri Lanka shipment. I have been delving infos on how to take care of them and I'm quite hesitant since this fish is very delicate and very difficult to start feeding. Luckily, the one I have is now finally feeding on frozen mysis. I'll give him a few more weeks to fatten up in the sump before moving him as the central feature of the prodigal cube.

here's more info on them: liveaquaria.
QUICK STATS
Minimum Tank Size: 50 gallons
Care Level: Difficult
Temperament: Peaceful
Reef Compatible: With Caution
Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
Max. Size: 8"
Color Form: Orange, White, Yellow
Diet: Carnivore
Compatibility: View Chart
Origin: Australia, Indo-Pacific, Melanesia, Papua New Guinea, Singapore
Family: Chaetodontidae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails